Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Let's get it started!

"It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." -- Albert Einstein.

I decided to start this blog so that I can write down and organize my thoughts on analytics in general and marketing analytics in particular. To take interesting problems and observations, and not barge right pass them, but stay with them longer, try to understand what they mean, what they are trying to tell us about the nature of things. I have worked in the area of marketing analytics for about eight years, and to be honest, I really like it. Maybe, I will even have a few visitors to kick the thoughts around and have some fun.

Use of quotes. It was my decision to draw on the bits of wisdom from other analytical people, but since I don't read much, I decided to pretty much stick with Einstein. Not in hopes that the glory of his great mind rubs on my blog and people would think I must be smart, but basically because he was so prolific, that one quick search turned out everything I needed. Plus, it looks like I pretty much agree with him on... everything. Kind of scary, actually.

Well, wish me good luck!

No comments: